5 Tips For Skin Rejuvenation At Home
As we age, our skin loses its vitality and elasticity. Many people spend hundreds of dollars on expensive over-the-counter facial washes, creams, treatments that over promise and under deliver; however, there are homemade remedies that can be more beneficial without synthetic chemicals. Here are 5 tips for skin rejuvenation at home!
- Drink plenty of water: Skin cells contain a balance of water and oil to protect the body from fluid loss. De-hydration can make skin appear dry, wrinkly, and dull. Adequate hydration is necessary for young, fresh looking skin. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
- Proper Diet: The human body requires certain nutrients, vitamins, minerals, etc. to remain healthy and a proper diet can help skin look healthy. Fatty fish contain omega-3 and omega-6 oils, which help fight blemishes. Nuts are rich in selenium, vitamin E, iron, and other nutrients that are essential for preserving skin’s elasticity. Avocados are rich in vitamin E and C, which increase skin’s vitality and hydration level.
- Allow skin to breathe: Cleanse every day, at least once in the morning and once at night to get rid of the dirt, grime, and other debris on your face and open up the pores to allow the skin to breathe. When skin is not cleansed properly, the pores remain closed, which will prevent the formation of healthy collagen. This will make the skin prone to acne and aging .
- Avoid harsh products: Many skincare products are packed with ingredients and chemicals that can be harsh on the skin. These harsh products can actually damage and dry out your skin. Be sure to avoid over-the-counter cleansers and try botanically based pharmaceutical grade or organic products.
- Home remedies: There are easy and effective skin products that can be made at home. An avocado-honey moisturizer has anti-bacterial and anti-aging properties to help skin retain moisture while minimizing breakouts while an almond-sugar facial scrub can be used bi-weekly.to remove dead skin for smoother, brighter skin.
If you seek more than home remedies, visit Mendelson Dermatology or Mendelson Med Spa for professional skincare treatments and procedures to rejuvenate your skin and appearance.
- Acne: Regenlite is a medical laser that treats a variety of skin conditions such as acne. The light emissions kill bacteria and stimulate the natural repair mechanism of the skin. This treatment reduces acne breakouts and the marksand scars that it can cause.
- Botox and Dysport: Botox and Dysport relax and smooth areas of the face that show lines and wrinkles due to repeated muscular contractions such as frown lines, crow’s feet and forehead lines.
- Dermal Fillers: Dermal fillers are used in areas of the face that appear hollowed and deflated such as lips, facial folds, and wrinkles that can give an aged, tired and worn out appearance.
- Facial Treatments: Facials, exfoliation, and peels are just a few of the many facial treatments offered to help rejuvenate the skin. Other popular treatments include microdermabrasion, a mechanical removal of the dull skin cells that accentuate fine lines and wrinkles,oxygen facials that infuse oxygen, plant-derived stem cells, peptides, and high concentrations of enzymatic botanicals into the skin leaving it luminous and refreshed.
At Mendelson Dermatology located inPhoenix, patients seek solutions to rejuvenate their skin for a healthier, more youthful, complexion. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Mendelson or our Medical Spa Director Melanie Davis, to learn how we can improve the tone and texture of your skin.