At-Home Remedies for Dry Skin
Living in a dry climate like Phoenix, you can find yourself with flaky, dry skin all year. It’s important to take steps necessary to remedy dry skin as it can be uncomfortable and irritating. There are things you can do at home to make sure you’re hydrating your skin as much as possible.
Related: SPF in the Summer vs. Winter
If you follow some of these steps, you can attain beautiful, hydrated skin.
- Use a hydrating lotion in the morning and before bed.
- Hydrating serums can also be extremely beneficial for those suffering from dry skin.
- If you wear makeup, stick to liquid foundation rather than powders, which can contribute to dryness.
- Exfoliate to remove the surface layers of dead skin, allowing you to hydrate the new layers.
- Don’t use hot water to wash your face. That can be extremely drying as well. Stick with warm water when washing your face or showering.
- Use gentle cleansers and stay away from toners and astringents.
- Apply at least an SPF 30 daily. Sun damage is a huge contributor to dry skin.
- Consider using a humidifier while you’re sleeping. This can add moisture to your skin overnight so your skin feels fresh and moist in the morning.
You can also seek professional help if over-the-counter and at-home remedies are not relieving you of your dry skin. At Mendelson Dermatology, we have a unique line of skincare that has a wide variety of products to heal dry skin. The Image skincare line can be a tailored fit to match your skin’s individual needs.
Related: Avoiding Sun Damage in Arizona
If you’d like a free consultation in our office so we can address your dry skin issues, please call us at 602-944-4626.